Sunday, May 26, 2013

Happy (late) Birthday, Dad!



 This post is a late birthday present for my Dad. I've had an idea for a long time of finding all the pictures that I have of him holding each of my children when they were babies. Well, finding the pictures has proved harder than I thought it would be (this is what happens when you let YEARS of pictures sit unorganized in a box in the garage - or even worse, on your computer hard drive!). Finally, after much searching, I've come up with pictures of all nine of my children with him - sadly, they weren't all baby pictures, which is what I originally wanted, but at least I'll be able to look at them all in one place. There's a little description above each picture that tells a little bit about each child - since they are mostly so much older now!

Dad, when you end up reading this - Happy Birthday - I love you! 


             This first picture is of my Dad and my oldest, Ellen - she's a lovely 19 year old now! I'm so glad that she has the privilege of knowing you, Dad - she really loves you.


   These next two are my Dad and Cameron Jr. - I love their smiles in the first picture! I'm glad that we have a record of these memories!
                                     

                                                              Coloring with Grandpa! 

This next picture is with Erin - I don't know what she's thinking here but I love the picture! Erin is 16 now and the life of our party - I can't imagine a day without her! 

 Sadly, I don't have a baby picture of my Dad with my son Warren - however, I have this one from  vacation last year. Warren is on the far right of the picture - he's 14 and truly growing in God's grace (and out of all of his clothes!) Warren has great memories of hot chocolate with you, Dad, at numerous campfires!

 In this next picture, the baby is Carolyn (Cameron Jr. is in the picture also). She's 13 now and such a sweet girl.

This picture is with Shannon, who was named after me, she's a homebody - happy to be where she is, I love being with her :) 

This is Dad and Calvin on vacation last year - I seem to have lost my camera when he and Warren were babies! Sigh - oh well! Calvin is 10 and has a lot to say all the time - and I'm glad! On a camping note - I have so many good memories of camping with you, Dad! I'm hoping to make some of those great memories with my own children and I'm so glad that you are a part of them!

Allison and Grandpa playing chess - this is something that all of my children have loved doing with him, and something I did when I was growing up too. Allison is 8 these days and so much fun!

And - last but not least by any means - Grandpa and Joan Cameron in these next two pictures. Joan will be four in June. To say that she is a real character is putting it mildly! I firmly believe that she was given to Cameron and I as a present from God. A grace and a consolation in some very hard times.

I think that Joan thinks that she has a telescope to look at Grandpa with!

I am so thankful to have a Godly father for my children to grow up knowing - I don't take a Godly heritage for granted, especially in the current culture we live in. Thank you too, Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Shannon, these pictures are just SO nice. Every one of them. I love looking through my photo boxes too and remembering the different times of my life with everyone I love. And the ones of my children with Dad and Mom are indeed among the most special.

    (Now you're making me want to find and look at pictures of each of my children with Dad just for the fun of it. :)

    ReplyDelete