Sunday, June 23, 2013

20 Years!!!

"Praise God from Whom all blessings flow..."

Cameron and I celebrated our 20th anniversary this Wednesday, June 19th.


Wedding day -1993.
                                                                             

In 2013.


These two pictures above show our wedding day in 1993 and the most recent picture of us in 2013. In between these two dates, the Lord has blessed us with nine children, some very wonderful times and some heartbreak - but He has always been very good to us! We are so thankful and I am putting some pictures of us over the years from our "getting to know each other" to our engagement day to our wedding - to pictures of our family as it has grown. 
Courting - 1992.
Out to dinner - 1992.
Engaged! 1992

Announcing our engagement - 1992.



Wedding day - 1993. I really like this picture of my Dad and I walking up the aisle, I just wish it was more clear!



    The vows and ring.


The kiss! 

One of the things that I like about this picture is that Pastor John Hicks is in it, he did our vows and with his wife, Kathy has been a major part of our being here and still being married - because, lets face it, none of us would be together without help!

      

The recessional.

Here's another of my favorite pictures as it has Pastor O'Connor in it - we are here because of life that has been given to us - all of our lives!!

Cameron preaching during the reception - one of the things I've always loved about him!


   

        My Dad and I. 
                     
 My Mom and I.

My sisters and I.

My whole family.

Cameron's whole family.

Cameron and I with Pastor O'Connor & Pastor Hicks.


Alright, enough wedding! On to our family - 
Us with one child - Ellen.

Us with Ellen and Cameron Jr.

Dedicating Erin (before we baptized infants). Ellen and Cameron Jr. are on the floor. (Maybe Cameron Jr. was playing he was a horse?!)
Us with Ellen, Cameron Jr. & Erin.

Ellen, Cameron Jr., Erin & Warren.

With Ellen, Cameron Jr., Erin, Warren & Carolyn. Our children always make the most interesting faces ;)


Us with Ellen, Cameron Jr., Erin, Warren, Carolyn & Shannon is the baby.


  
     

           OK - on to seven! 
   Us with Ellen, Cameron Jr., Erin, Warren, Carolyn, Shannon & Calvin.
  
  Our tenth anniversary in Victoria B.C. with Calvin.

Us with Ellen, Cameron Jr., Erin, Warren, Carolyn, Shannon, Calvin & Allison.

      This is a picture taken after Joan's baptism - it includes Cameron's mom, LaMer and also my        parents.

  I am amazed again at the goodness of the Lord when I look at these pictures -


"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."
Ephesians 3:20-21


6 comments:

  1. Wow, Shan, I know I'm your sister, and this may sound a bit hokey, but I was taken back by how beautiful you are in all those pictures (oh, and I forgot how lovely your wedding dress was :). The light of your countenance shows God's goodness even amidst the hardships through which I know you've been. Glory be to God for His grace and mercy to us.

    Love you! (As to my nieces and nephews, don't know about them ;) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. This is the first time I have looked at it. Shows you how much I use my computer these days. Through the years, they sure do fly by. love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon, Congratulations on your 20th Anniversary! I remember your courtship and your wedding. Being your student I remember the great times in school. I am still telling stories of the "fun things we did in school with our best teacher Shannon". Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paula! We are part of an amazing story together! I'm enjoying looking at your wonderfully named blog...

      Delete